The Friends of the Chickasha Public Library is an organization of people who are interested in supporting the Library. Their purpose is “to foster closer relations between the Chickasha Public Library and the citizens of Chickasha; focus attention on the function, resources, services and needs of the Library; promote public support for the development of the Chickasha Public Library to the end that it may serve adequately the needs of the steadily increasing city of Chickasha; to aid in the development of Library services and resources for all ages; to receive and administer gifts for the Library, and in cooperation with the Chickasha Public Library Board and the Library Director; seek community volunteers both junior and adult for working with the Library staff.”
Membership is open to all who support the purpose. Membership forms are available at the Library. Dues:
- Individual – $5.00
- Family – $10.00
- Patron – $25.00 or more
Please make checks payable to Friends of the Library.
Please contact the Library at 405-222-6075 for questions.
Current Board Members
- President – Betsy Phillips
- Vice President – Jana Dabney
- Recording Secretary – Becky Cravens
- Treasurer – Cindy Wheeler
- Past President – Carla Wasson
- Publicity Chair – Susan Gearhart
- Chocolate Celebration Chair – Angie Lewis
- Book Sale Chair – Ginger Gordon
- Member-At-Large – Tam Gearhart
- Member-At-Large – Jeanne Mather
- Member-At-Large – Barbara Merritt
- Member-At-Large – Janice Wood
The Board meets at the Library on the second Tuesday of each month except August and December.