Chickasha Public Library is open with limited services and hours through the month of June. The Library will be open Monday – Thursday from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm, Friday 9:30 am – 5:30 pm and Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
A public library is typically a very social type of place as people often come to meet with others or come and hang out for a while. These types of activities are difficult under the current social distancing needs and will not be available.
Therefore, the library is offering very limited services. Those services are internet access computer usage and material checkout.
- For internet computer usage, customers will be able to use an internet-accessible computer for business. There will be quick access for 15 and long-term access for up to 60 minutes. Printing will be available.
One of the services that we are unable to provide under social distancing guidelines is staff assistance. We will not be able to help customers while they are using computers.
Call the library if you have questions. We’ll do our best to meet your needs. We’re all in this together.
Here’s what the library is doing to keep people safe during this time:
- Masks will be required for everyone entering the building.
- We will limit the number of people in the building at a time. So that 6 feet separation is easy.
- There will be 6-ft. marks on the floor where appropriate.
- Staff will disinfect a computer after each use.
- All surfaces will be disinfected periodically throughout the day.
- All public areas will be disinfected every evening.
“Remember, these limits are temporary and for the greater good of the entire community. As soon as it is safe full services will return. All the library staff are eager to see you and to serve you, so we’re doing what we need to beat this virus. It takes some adjusting here and there, but we can do it. As is being said, ‘we’re all in this together.’ Call the library, and we’ll do our best to meet your specific needs,” Lillie Huckaby, Library Director.