This post contains a collection of Health Literacy resource for caregivers and their children.
Universal Class is an online database with over 500 self paced classes. There are over 40 courses on the topic of health. Here are a few classes that might be of interest to parents and caregivers. A library card is required to access the database.
- Nutrition 101
- Cooking and Baking 101
- Childhood Obesity
- Early Childhood Development
Kanopy is a video streaming database that contains movies, and documentaries. Here are a few video titles that might be of interest to parents and caregivers. A library card is required to access the database.
- Food, Science, and the Human Body – The Great Courses
- Nutrition Basics: Why Food Matters
- Yoga for Children
- Cooking and Children…A Learning Activity
- Create a Great Plate: MyPlate Dietary Guidelines
- What’s On MyPlate?
Want to check out more fruit & vegetable books? Click the link below to see additional titles.