The username for all resources is 1716159-user. The password is digital
Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center is a comprehensive resource for career exploration and planning that allows users to quickly find the valuable career information they need, whether it’s industry and professions articles, school planning resources, or skills and career advice. The material draws from a range of authoritative sources, including Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance. Click here for access.
Today’s Science bridges the gap between the science taught in class and real-world discoveries by leading scientists—giving comprehensive and in-depth explanations of some of the most important advances in biology, chemistry, environmental science, space, physics, and technology. Each article includes vivid images and groundbreaking videos that help make difficult concepts understandable. Click here to explore.
World News Digest for more than 75 years, the digest has been a go-to resource for context and background on key issues of both historical events and breaking news. With more than 300,000 original articles and a vast archive covering every major event since its inception, this database offers concise summaries of current events and clearly written essays on the top issues of the day. Click here for more information.
The World Almanac® for Kids is the ideal one-stop reference resource for intermediate-level students. Erasing the line between homework support and fun exploration, it contains excellent resources for student reports and research, including extensive, up-to-date articles; videos; interactive games; science projects; and Homework Help; plus Teacher Resources with lesson plans. Kids can explore age-appropriate subjects while developing online research skills with a trusted source. Start here.
Access Video on Demand offers public libraries instant access to thousands of exclusive, high-interest videos and clips from top producers. Start watching here.
Update 3/27/2020 https://chickashapl.okpls.org/news/closure-update/
Update 3/21/2020 https://chickashapl.okpls.org/news/book-pick-up/
The Chickasha Public Library will be closed until further notice.
Important updates to library services during closure:
• All items currently checked out will not accrue fines.
• Items currently checked out can be returned to the outside book drops or you may keep them until the library is reopened. Book drops will be checked daily.
• No new holds will be taken, but current holds will be held until the library is reopened.
• For information about accessing the Oklahoma Virtual Library, to download e-books e-audiobooks, or magazines, or Kanopy, to download movies, visit chickashapl.okpls.org. Your username is your library card number and your password is the last four digits of that number.
• If your library card is expired, please call 405-222-6075 and leave a message with your name and card number. This answering machine will be checked daily. You may also email Lillie.email@example.com.
We will be updating Facebook and this page as new information arises.
The E-Resources tab has lots of great option for you to explore.
Please take care of yourself and your loved ones. We look forward to seeing you soon. Please contact us through the library email listed above or Facebook with any questions. Telephone, email, and Facebook messages will be monitored throughout the day, but we do appreciate your patience.
We are happy to announce that our streaming video service, Kanopy has made several titles credit-free to watch along with all titles on the Kanopy Kids section. The Kanopy link can be found on the E-Resources page.